Friday, February 20, 2009

Cold Night in Beijing


This corny picture of Tiananmen Square is not like anything I experience in Beijing. I arrived today and went straight to Pekin Fine Arts which will open a show of Huang Zhiyang tomorrow. More about that later....
Meg Maggio, Pekin Fine Arts owner, took me over to 798 where there was a party for the French Pavilion for the World Expo in Shanghai 2010. We ran into my friends, Zhang Fang and her husband Wang Qingsong, the artist. I just wrote a profile of Wang Qingsong for an upcoming issue of Art news. So we all went out to dinner at a restaurant called 3 Guys from Ghizou. Waiting on line for a table we ran into Leng Lin, director of Pace Beijing. It's all a small world in the Beijing art scene where everyone knows everyone and so far, everyone seems a lot more upbeat than in New York.
More Beijing art tomorrow, now to bed.

No comments: