Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Back on track


I've taken a hiatus, but now I'm back on track because so much is happening in NYC right now, I can't stop commenting.


On Sunday, April 19th, I was at the benefit for Participant Inc. Totally fun, so I hope it raised lots of moolah for Lia Gangitano, the most self-sacrificing curator in town. My good friend Jim Dart did his bit, picking up my photo of Model UN which I showed at Partipant in 2006 as well as another photograph of a psychiatrist's office by Shelburne Thurber. The turnout was great, packed with Lia supporters, including Jay Gorney, collector Howard Morse, NYFA director Ted Berger and PS1 curator Klaus Biesenbach. But, as always, Lia stacked the crowd with artists--Laura Parnes, Kathy Burkhardt, Lovett and Codagnone, board president Adam Ames, Robert Boyd, and others. Performances by Kembra and Beaut, brought everyone back to the 1980s. The Pyramid Club isn't dead. It's just resting.

No comments: